Thursday, May 9, 2013

A SMILE IS CHARITY

Why is it so hard to smile???


Life gets rough, we all have bad days, bad months, even bad years. What prevents us from smiling at a fellow human being. If only we knew how much a simple smile could lift the spirits of someone on the receiving end. What we don't realize is that by smiling we lift our own spirits as well. Some may say, why should I smile if I don't feel that sentiment in my heart? Why fake it? My answer.... please do fake it. Seeing as our body and minds are so inter related. We can easily trick our mind into believing the unbelievable. How many times have we heard about people surviving great illnesses much to the incomprehension of doctors?? When these people were described they often had positive attitudes, an inner strength, and yes were always smiling regardless of what life had to offer them. Now I personally believe that God has everything to do with who recovers and who doesn't. I also strongly believe that we have a very big role to play in how we feel and especially how we project ourselves outwardly.

All I want us to realize is that every human being we meet, regardless of race, color, or religion are all connected because we are all HUMAN BEINGS. We have similar fears, desires, goals etc....We all have ups and downs. There for we all deserve HUMAN KINDNESS. I believe that one of the most meaningful forms of charity is a SMILE. We need to spread this kind action and propagate love and peace in a world that seems to be getting darker as each moment passes.

My daughter is 14 months old, she doesn't talk yet (she signs a lot though), when I look at her with a smile, her whole face lights up and she returns that smile almost instinctively. When she was only a week old she would smile in her sleep. Babies are born with a clean slate as they say, but yet they know almost immediately how to SMILE!!!

I was in customer service for over 20 years and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times that I didn't greet a customer with a smile. I always felt that it was their right to receive a smile. After all they were coming to me for a service. I remember being thanked several times for my smile! And now when I am out and about, I pass it on, and thank others if I was served with a smile....

So start today, pass it on!!! SMILE SMILE SMILE, IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS AND COULD CHANGE SOMEONE'S DAY. And compliment others on their kindness.

Sometimes you may feel that some just don't deserve a smile, well just let me ask you this `,DON'T YOU deserve to be uplifted with YOUR smile???
You see I believe giving a smile is like giving a gift. When you give a gift to someone, even though it makes the other person feel so good and appreciated, how does it make you feel?? You know that great feeling that you get after giving something to someone else?  Well giving a smile has the same results. Believe me it will uplift your spirits in no time!

GO BACK TO THAT TIME WHEN YOU WERE A SMALL HELPLESS INFANT AND YOU HAD NO LIFE EXPERIENCE, YOU KNEW NOTHING ELSE BUT YOU DID KNOW HOW TO SMILE!!!!

It won't happen over night but I can guarantee that it will change your life! Start this charity and give in abundance!!!!

PASS THIS ON, SPREAD THE WORD! LET US SPREAD A LITTLE SUNSHINE TO OUR FELLOW HUMANS!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment